My photo
Eugene, Oregon, United States
I believe my generation has the unique opportunity to save the world. If no action is taken, the world will see catastrophic climate change within the next half century, the cost of which will be measured in human lives. But at this pivotal moment, we have a window of opportunity. We can create the just, sustainable and prosperous future that we seek. I am a Vassar student spending my junior year at the University of Oregon, and I am going to Copenhagen this December to do everything I can to ensure that a mutual survival pact is agreed upon, not a suicide pact.

Monday, November 30, 2009

About the conference and my role(s)

 I am going to Copenhagen as a member of several different groups: Youth for Family Planning as a Just Climate Change Solution, the Cascade Climate Network, Oxfam America, and as a foreign correspondent for KPOV Bend Community Radio.  I will be attending the Conference of the Youth (COY) on Dec. 4-5 where hundreds of young people from around the world will be meeting with each other to craft the message we will send to the larger conference.  I am  accredited through Youth for Family Planning as a Just Climate Change Solution to be an official observer at the COP 15 (Conference of the Parties No. 15) negotiations as part of the US youth delegation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!