My photo
Eugene, Oregon, United States
I believe my generation has the unique opportunity to save the world. If no action is taken, the world will see catastrophic climate change within the next half century, the cost of which will be measured in human lives. But at this pivotal moment, we have a window of opportunity. We can create the just, sustainable and prosperous future that we seek. I am a Vassar student spending my junior year at the University of Oregon, and I am going to Copenhagen this December to do everything I can to ensure that a mutual survival pact is agreed upon, not a suicide pact.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sunbreak

Today is the day of the big march, and I've got my mermaid outfit on.  No, really - I'm going as a mermaid (pictures to come)!  There is a certain amount of trepidation in the air.  We are all hoping for a peaceful protest, but you can never be sure.  I was talking with a Danish woman at a bar last night, and she said she had a five year old son and his school advised them to stay inside today.  But this morning is the first time I've seen sunshine since I left Oregon, so I am taking that as a sign.  I think people from all over the world are going to come together to show our so-called 'leaders' that we want a fair, ambitious and binding deal in Copenhagen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!