My photo
Eugene, Oregon, United States
I believe my generation has the unique opportunity to save the world. If no action is taken, the world will see catastrophic climate change within the next half century, the cost of which will be measured in human lives. But at this pivotal moment, we have a window of opportunity. We can create the just, sustainable and prosperous future that we seek. I am a Vassar student spending my junior year at the University of Oregon, and I am going to Copenhagen this December to do everything I can to ensure that a mutual survival pact is agreed upon, not a suicide pact.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This is what 500 supporters of a Clean Energy Economy looks like!

Today, a group of three students and I met with Senator Merkley's field rep to ask Senator Merkley to strengthen the climate bill.  We presented him with this photo petition that has over 500 pictures of students and community members posing with our wind turbine prop.  He was really excited about the photo petition and put it up in the office!  Overall, the meeting went really well, which is pretty much expected because Merkley is really great on climate change.  The rep said that he would get back to us on the four points that we brought up.  I am proud of our lobbying team - I think they did a fantastic job!


500 pictures of people with the wind turbine



Me with the photo petition


A close-up of the photo petition

1 comment:

Let me know what you think!